Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Falling Off the Face of the Earth

Have you ever fallen into obscurity?
What I mean by that is, have you ever disappeared so completely from other people's lives that the only place you exist is inside the walls of your own home?
If so, you're not alone.

Sometimes this is a really good thing--slowing down life and sorting through emotional baggage while trying to get your stuff together. Recovering from surgery (or having a baby *points to self*), moving to a new city and finding your footing, avoiding the flesh eating zombies outside your door...

Okay, maybe not so much that last one.

The point is, sometimes life hits us over the head and we need some time to recuperate. That's perfectly acceptable. The danger is when we stay in our shells. What kind of view do you have in the dark? What kind of perspective does it lend to life? Can we grow while hiding? (And I don't mean around the middle, because that totally is reality.)

People are social creatures. (For the most part.) We're meant to interact (and not only via text messages). We need the validation, kindness, and growth that comes from at least TALKING to other human beings.

If you'll join me, I'm going to attempt stepping outside of my warm cocoon. I plan to speak to people, face to face *gasp* and cut back on texting/social media. Lets experiment and see if life is better when lived with other people rather than along side them.

Speaking of gathering and socializing, we're launching a NEW BLOG for all IWSG anthology contributors. Check it out!


And before we go, *blows off the dust* speaking of bringing things out of obscurity, I write books! And they're awesome. So go buy them. And read them. (But only when you need some down time to all this "human interaction" stuff.)
(Find any of these titles on AMAZON)

Have you fallen off the face of the earth? Are you up for the challenge? What personal goal are you currently working on? Have you checked out the new blog?

4 comments:

  1. Since I work from home, it's easy for me to go days without real human interaction outside of my husband. But we are social creatures which is why I love getting out to events and church and talking with real people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day job does make me more social than I'd like to be. Without it, I'd probably rarely talk to people beyond my immediate family. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due to health issues, I don't get out much. My interaction face to face is limited to family members. 'sigh' I'd like to change that.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely relate. The past three years have been some of my toughest, social-wise, no thanks to work, school and life in general getting in the way. Glad to see the blog still up and running. Will definitely check out the new one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most appreciated!